Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mini-Portfolio

I am a third year at San Jose State University, studying Animation/Illustration. I have changed my major about three times, at first I studied fashion designing, then architecture, then painting & drawing at CCA (California College of the Arts) and finally I transferred over to San Jose State and decided to study Animation/Illustration. I wanted to be a Medical Illustrator but after two years I grew to appreciate and want a career in visual development.

This first image is from John Clapp's Light & Optics class. It is a graphite rendered piece I am proud of because his class had taught me how to be patient. I tend to rush through my work without even knowing it, but this time patience truly was a virtue and it showed through this piece.


This second image is a 3D model piece I had done for Dave Gustlin's class. When this project was done I felt extremely proud because I am more of a hands-on illustrator than a digital artist. So, going into this class was very overwhelming and scary for me, and when I had accomplished the assignment I couldn't believe that I (someone who stayed clear away, out of fear, from digital art) had created such a realistic model of a Japanese end tile.


This video was made by the one person who changed the way I look/think/draw in perspective... not to mention I became extremely paranoid about how my ellipses look in perspective because all I see in these ellipses are the face of John Clapp, smiling (not necessarily a good thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment